Monday, September 29, 2014

Cherubs...Cherub


Some of you may have noticed the increased volume and level of noise around here lately. I go through periods like this...where I don't want to hear anything that could comfortably be described as a song. Something with a lead bottom and lots of squealing feedback is what I want. I don't want yer verses...I don't want your choruses...and bridges?!  For the love of kittens...no bridges. Nothing, in these time, does my head in worse than a bridge. I want to blow yer bridge up worse than USNC Shears.



I don't even want to hear songs I like right now. So you can maybe imagine how pleased I was for these a***holes...


...to show up on my phone. The shit's just there...hit shuffle it's comin'. It takes a hot second to realize what it is...that manufactured, formulaic, market tested, ray-ban, phony cool bull**** they've been peddling for 30 years.

 
Smash yer face on it bonos...


 (Listen...but watch Molly while you do...OUTSTANDING! ha)
 
While trying to crack my skull open at the ears...I've been obsessing over Chagall. I found a little cheap paper back with probably 20 postcard sized reproductions of his works.
 

 
 The only approach I have to painting is to rip off paintings I like to produce more paintings I like...
 
 

 
Maybe a sleeping pill or two.


15 comments:

  1. I'm loving your vitriol when it comes to those fuckers from Dublin.
    Equally, I'm loving Lightning Bolt.
    Chagall? One of the Masters. Only rip off the best. There's an awful lot happening in your painting here. Disturbing - in a very good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a f***ing spectacle they are.

      Lightning Bolt and, the drummer, Brian Chippendale's Black Pus are getting a lot of play right now.

      I only steal from the best...it's a matter of taste not ability I'm a d.j.

      Delete
  2. That Lightning Bolt tune is a glorious racket - so's your artwork.
    Did you hear about the time Bono contacted Captain Beefheart asking if he'd like to collaborate with U2 and Beefheart replied by letter saying, "Dear Bongo, no." I so want that to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sir.

    On these premises, for our purposes...that story is a stone cold fact.

    Hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come in Mr Bartham, take your shoes off and lie on the couch....make yourself comfortable....lets start with your early childhood.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to lay down and talk about myself...let's do it.

      I remember waking up in the middle of one night and staring up out the window at the dark...and being overcome with, what I would now call, a kind of dread. I think it was my first conscious moment.
      My earliest memories are of our cross-eyed Siamese cat and how my Momma and brothers would howl with laughter every time it charged the wrong way after a bird. In the evening we painted flower pots and....

      Delete
  5. Does *anyone*, ANYONE, actually like - as SB so eloquently put it - those fuckers from Dublin?

    I can think of worse things to obsess over than Chagall. Our lilttle old car was actually listed as being in 'Chagall Blue'; I always thought that was terribly cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even Adamparsons...not even out of spite...can muster any love for it.

      He obviously had a peculiar relationship with colors...he probably deserves his own shade for slot on the spectrum.

      Thank you ma'am.

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you here sir.

    It seems that Bono has been successful in bringing us all closer together on common ground...Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy they're fully out of the closet as corporate shills, and that this move has backed up my decision to never buy another fucking Apple product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some computer people that swear by PCs...they love monkeying with them. I am not a computer person. I want mine to work like a tv or radio...just work. So, other than this crap work laptop, I don't mess with anything but Apple products.

      This though...what they've done here...is appalling.

      Delete
  8. I used to read a couple of old fart music magazines in the '90s. They kept banging on about how "The Joshua Tree" was one of the great rock albums of all time - maybe the greatest.This struck me as unlikely, but I rented it from the local library and listened to it. I realised I'd tuned out about midway through the first track and hadn't taken any of the rest of it in. I listened to it again. Same result.

    I suspect they're a band for people who don't really like music. I loved the story about Bono, mid-concert, slowly clapping his hands and saying "Every time I do dis, a choild dies in Africa" and a member of the audience shouting out: "Well, stop fucking doing it, then!" Probably apocryphal, but nice if it were true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This story is also true within the confines of this blog.

      Delete